The protection of increasingly scarce raw materials, together with the development of innovative systems for more efficient energy use are major future topics with which REHAU is already successfully dealing today. We develop and manufacture not only ecologically and economically sensible system solutions for our customers, but we also act in a responsible manner with regard to man and nature.
The REHAU Environmental Policy expresses our commitment to the environment. We base our environmental management system at every facility on the guidelines set forth in ISO 14001, and has been certified accordingly.
The task of implementing and monitoring legal requirements, as well as of improving environmental management is carried out by our Environmental Health and Safety department. Recycling activities and the assessment and selection of materials on the basis of ecological considerations are coordinated by the Construction, Automotive and Industry business divisions, working closely with our Chemistry department.
- We have been recovering and reusing manufacturing waste since the 1950s.
- Our products have carried material content identifiers since the 1970s.
- By the end of the 1980s, we initiated the development of disposal concepts.
- Since then, we have been employing recycling concepts for the subsequent reuse of automotive industry products and components.
- We manufacture products that allow the employment of recycled materials from other sources, for example, the RAURECO recycling inspection shaft, which allows for the qualified employment of “DSD products” in a technically high-quality finished product.
- We develop new polymer blends which achieve material-specific properties, as well as ensuring a high level of material recyclability of the manufactured products.
- REHAU develops, manufactures and markets products and systems made of polymer materials, whose manufacture and use comply with all current environmental requirements.
- All legal environmental codes are complied with exactly. Based on our own initiative and sense of responsibility, we go beyond the legal and official demands.
- Potential environmental hazards are assessed and, if at all possible, are avoided during the planning phase.
- We promote our employees’ own sense of responsibility for the environment, and also provide our customers with information regarding the environmental aspects of our products.
- When selecting suppliers, we take environmental considerations into account.
We set environmental objectives in order to continually improve environmental protection. Their achievement is ensured through environmental programs and individual measures.