Pipes and Connections
REHAU RAUTITAN and RAUTHERM S heating pipes are made from Cross Linked Polyethylene PEXa, with a co-extruded EVOH oxygen diffusion barrier.
Cross linking is the process of linking molecules in the polyethylene, giving much improved physical properties. PEXa is the highest grade of cross-linked polyethylene due to the nature of its production process and is the toughest, most flexible and temperature/pressure resistant. REHAU was one of the pioneers of this process.
The EVOH Oxygen diffusion barrier completely surrounds the base pipe and prevents the entry of oxygen into the system through the pipework. This significantly reduces the risk of corrosion damage to ferrous components in the heating system. The EVAL barrier is highly resistant to abrasion and is notch resistant and thus capable of withstanding rough treatment on site.
- Easy connection of pipe to manifold without special tool
- Using compression sleeve fittings, joints can be made in the slab for repairs or alertations
- Polymer PX fittings – easy, fast and secure
REHAU heating pipes have exceptional physical properties including:
– Resistance to stress crack formation
– Outstanding long term stress rupture resistance at high temperatures, up to 105ºC
– Exceptional thermal ageing resistance
– Kink resistance and kink damage resistance
– Chemical resistance and completely non-corroding
– Resistance to scale build-up